Friday, December 21, 2007

Thursday, Dec 20 continued


Thank you all for your support. Addison came into the world last Thursday, and finally, she's home with us for good. I have to admit that placing Addison into that car seat and walking through the halls to the car was a little emotional for me. We had been through so much the past week and I was soooo relieved to get out of there that I had a tear or two working. What can I say, I have a daughter now. People have said that she's going to have me wrapped around her little fingers before I know it. I used to think it wouldn't be that bad. Ignorance is bliss they say.



Although we feel like we have crossed the finish line by leaving the hospital, the truth is, we've just started. We have several doctor's appointments over the next few weeks. We have the pediatric cardiologist to follow up on the heart situation. Right now, there is no heart situation, but we just have to make sure. There is also a pediatrician here in Tulsa that works only with children with special needs, and since Addison has officially be diagnosed with Down Syndrome, we will become a patient of his as well. There is a program here called Sooner Start for all of you O.U. fans out there. They work with babies with down syndrome on many levels giving advice and help with education, physical therapy, speech therapy, and many other things. I think Rach and I are going to take a couple of weeks to try to get to know Addison a little bit before we dive too much into this stuff, but we will be getting involved pretty soon. If anyone knows of people who are in our shoes, we would love to hear from them. Any advice from those of you who have children would be warmly welcome. Obviously, we have much to learn as new parents, but if you have any tips to help us with the learning curve, we'll take them. Rach is pretty much a natural, so she might not need much, but I'll take what I can get.

1 comment:

martie said...

She is so Beautiful!! I love the pics of Wes and Addison-fatherly adoration shines through there. You all are already wonderful parents and you have only been doing this for 10 days. I think it's great there is a pediatrician in Tulsa who sees children with special needs-what a blessing and fount of resources.
Much love,
The Sauters