Monday, November 3, 2008

Monday, November 3


Yabba Dabba Doo! As some of you know, Addison decided to be Pebbles Flinstone for Halloween. So, in an effort to support her decision, Wes and I dressed- you guessed it- as Fred & Wilma. We actually had a great time. It’s been a long time since I’ve dressed up for Halloween. I’d forgotten how much fun it is to have an excuse to be goofy in public for a night. Plus, it’s way more fun to dress up with someone. It’s also a lot more fun to wear an actual costume instead of whatever we could find around the house an hour before time to go trick-or-treating. I’ll let you in on a little secret- my parents made me a bag-lady like four years in a row. No wonder I haven’t dressed up in a while. (It’s also no wonder I wasn’t the most popular kid around.)


We also had another swimming lesson this weekend, and, while I may be a tad biased, I think Addison is the best student in the class. She loves every minute of it and is not the least bit scared. Next week they’re going to have us put our children’s heads under water. The other parents in the class are a bit nervous. I, on the other hand, have been struggling to keep her head out of the water this whole time.
This, I think, is the best picture we have yet. Addison figured out today how to get from her tummy to sitting, which has made naptime quite challenging. The first two times she sat up in her crib, I went in and laid her back down. When I walked in the second time, Addison looked up at me with the biggest smile on her face and started clapping. It was at that moment that I realized this was becoming a rather entertaining game for her. So, the next time I decided to leave her and see what happened. And this is it. She fell asleep sitting up.

4 comments:

JoAnn said...

I love the costumes, but I have to contest the "four years". I think it was two. :)

I don't think I was ever as flexible as Addison.

Love to all.

Kristy said...

OMG-hysterical! I wonder if she was sore after her nap in the splits position! What a cute Pebbles, Fred, and Wilma..makes me wish I had dressed up!

klp said...

this whole post had me giggling, love the costumes, LOVE that she is loving the water, and that last pic is just priceless. i literally laughed out loud. what a funny moment!

Lisa said...

That pic of Addison sleeping sitting up is just priceless! Wish I could sleep like that (and not be in excruciating pain)! :) Such a cutie!