Friday, January 23, 2009

Friday, January 23

We got to go to Kansas City last weekend to see my good friend Meredith and her family.  Hard to believe we've known each other for 10 years!  Her son Deacon & Addison are birthday buddies- they share the same bday, a year apart.  It's hard to tell, but he's actually giving Addison a hug in this picture (while being very sure to keep his ball outside of her reach).


She is an incredible photographer in KC, and she did us the honor of taking our pictures while we were there.  She has such a way of capturing personalities on film.  I've posted some of them for you to see.

We are battling RSV at our house these days.  Addison started coughing Wednesday, and then Thursday did me the favor of taking her wet hand out of her mouth and sticking it in mine before I had time to react.  Please pray that she gets over this without any complications.  We know so many kids with Downs who end up in the hospital because of it! 

5 comments:

Kristy said...

What a beautiful family! I bet if your friend wanted to come down here for a weekend we could get her a few hundred new clients....those are beautiful pictures!

kallea said...

Rachel and Wes-

OK- so I am peaking at your blog after hearing about these AMAZING pictures that your friend recently took! First- can I please get her name- I would love to BEG her to come to Tulsa for a weekend and take some pics of my boys! Like Kristy said, I am sure we could get her tons of shoots lined up! Second- I think that you guys have the most precious family! Addison is just a doll, but you and wes really look happy too! LOVE LOVE LOVE the shots!
Kallea

Anonymous said...

those are fantastic! does your friend have a website? Seeing you guys makes us miss you so much more.

We hope Addison feels better soon!

Jason & Kizzy said...

beautiful family! i love all the bright colors! ditto on getting your photographer and friend to tulsa-- love her style!
kizzy

klp said...

the new pics are just gorgeous. i love the one of all of you at the top! such a bright, happy photo. you guys look great!!