Sunday, January 11, 2009

Sunday, Jan 11

Being a little more mobile, Addison has gotten herself into a few predicaments lately.  I guess the nice thing to do would be to go to her immediately and help her out of it.  Instead, we like to laugh and take pictures first.
So we’ve been trying to sign with Addison off and on since about 6 months old.  We’d show her signs diligently for a while, and she’d just look at us like we’re crazy, or laugh at us.  They say she’s ready to sign when she waves bye-bye, which she’s been doing since the summer.  So, we’re on again for now, and the last couple of nights I’ve been showing her the sign for bath during bathtime, and tonight, SHE DID IT!  I couldn’t believe it.  I must have said the word “bath” a hundred times after that, and she loved showing me the sign.  

4 comments:

Valerie said...

Okay, seriously? Cutest little video!!!! That was adorable with her doing her sign! Thanks for sharing. :)
--Valerie Fischer

Kele said...

Rachel, I am not sure how I missed getting your blog address. It looks as if you have had it since Addison was born but I don't recall every getting it in the brief emails we exchanged. My mother forwarded it to me the other day and I am sooooo pleased to see it and will be following you guys!
My goodness, Addison is SUCH a doll baby!!! She is truly beautiful!
LOVE the video!!

mollie said...

that is so exciting! i remember when lily used her first sign- its so amazing to have them communicating back to you! we still sign even now that she is talking- its wonderful! way to go addison!

Suzanne said...

awwwww! addison is just as precious as can be!! SOOO good to hear from you! keep on with the signing--it is amazing how much they are learning! you look fabulous, woman!